25 June 2008

Shouts out

I want to take a quick moment to holla for some new additions to my blog roll over there, on the right. No, your right. Stage left. Yeah. Awesome.

The Wilhelm Scream - Helmed by an able gent indeed, the Wilhelm Scream is a GIFT to the blog world and we welcome it and Kumail with open damned arms. Saying it contains movie reviews is like saying that little Reagan had a behavioral disorder. Read it, live it, write a little song for it. I did, and it goes a little someth...hey, where're you going?

Eat Food - It's Sarah's food blog and maybe if we're lucky she'll update it from her summer in Florida. In a string bikini. And an apron, because burning yourself is not funny, y'all.

Real Media Ethics - From the moment Anne launched the good ship OH NO THE MEDIA DI'INT, I've been hanging on her every word. Smart, incisive, and well written, it's everything I didn't even know I needed from a media blog.

The Blog of Diminishing Returns - Econ prof Seth is wicked smart, and consistently pulls the curtain back from those little things that I always think must be fascinating from an economist's point of view. I do not have this point of view: I spent two semesters in econ classes and all I remember is cutting class with DS and, bizarrely, having a strong craving for Diet Coke...

The Highfield Bread Oven - Mark the trucker gets home to Maryland every couple of weekends, at which points he works on his bread oven. Progress is gradual but steady, and I always wish I were there.

They join the ladies at Puffery and the astoundingly thorough and worth it Less Than a Shoestring as topical (rather than strictly personal) reads that I hit.

Surf away, my minions. Can I call you that? Minions? I love you.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Seth Gitter said...

I don't know about wicked smart, but I'm glad someone other than my wife enjoys reading my econ thoughts.

Also nice work on summarizing the awesomeness of the Grinnelligent blogosphere.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah Labowitz said...

Dude, I didn't even see this until just now! Our internet was down for approximately the first six weeks I was in FL (hence the non-blogging). I have had to cobble together enough utensils and plates to outfit my "furnished" apartment to even begin cooking. And then there were several unfortunate incidents with the absent dog's puke. None of this makes sense, but will be explained over beers in August.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home