16 February 2008

Now nothing is brewing.

Without getting too indulgent, I can tell you that after two good interviews (totaling around 2 1/2 hours of face time, including 45 minutes one-on-one with the CEO) and even "knowing someone" who "knows someone," I was in fact passed over for the job.

All my weeks of chanting change my life, change my life over my email every afternoon were, shockingly, ineffective!

I was most surprised that I had to nearly drag the news of my rejection out of my interviewers, and that they invited me that Monday to "check back at the end of the week," just in case the candidate with whom they were negotiating a final hiring agreement got hit by a bus or posted something offensive on the Interweb that they hadn't seen until the "about to hire someone" cursory Googling, or something. Yeeeeah, that sounds like fun, ladies: I would LOVE to come sucking around on Friday, "just in case."

Pah.

I say this now quickly, to tie up the loose ends, because I have some vitriol to put out there in the ether, but I could not do so before I gave any loyal readers an epilogue.

Consider yourself both brought up to date and also warned.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home