20 September 2007

It is everything I hoped it would be

Oh, my new iPod. I have made a protective sock for you from an old cashmere sock and pinned a 1" hipster button on it (aspirationally--who knows if I'm still a hipster?). I have named you, and you are called JUMP THIS iPOD. I would hate to meet you in a dark alley, my broad shouldered friend. The first album I ripped to my iTunes was The Clash's S/T.

Just as AF suggested, I used you to listen to Elvis Costello during my commute, and I thought of the last time I had tunes in my commute. I was waiting for the #22 bus in Chicago, southbound, 6:00 in the morning, going to my opening shift at the Big Corporate Bookstore. This was five years ago, and a lot of music's been made in the last five years, and I have a lot up on which to catch.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home