03 September 2007

Those grand days.

The salad says of an unsecured wireless connection with good speed are over. I think teh intarnets is broke, for me.

+ + +

Here's a little bit about career opportunities and going nowhere for now:

I felt bad about laying the odds against my manager's return from maternity leave, but when she gave her two weeks after one week back from leave, I felt both worse and right. And I decided to make a bold move and declare my interest in her position. I got my confidence up and went in for the Talk and was promptly deflated: they've got someone in line. But really, that's no bad thing--that they would have someone already in mind for the job had occured to me, especially in light of the recent Massive Reorg and Merge of My Big Corporate Explorer. The main thing I wanted to accomplish was to telegraph my interest in moving up soon and my intention to start putting in as things come up. I may have reached a bit above my position, but one of the things I've regretted about my current job is that I did not reach at all to get it. I settled for something that was a step back and I've been suffering for having done so. In the moment, I needed the job and I needed to get in the door with a new company in a new city. I should have stretched myself and gone for a challenge; instead, I took the safe path and the lesson is that when we chose safety, we do not prosper.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home