10 March 2007

Bad Blogger! No Biscuit!

Despite my best intentions, etc. etc. I'm sure you see what's happened here.

I still have the job (yeehaw) and it does take up ENTIRE WEEKDAYS, if you can imagine it. There is a lot to learn and not a lot of time to learn it in. I have two bosses, between whom I am expected to split my time evenly, 2 1/2 days' worth of hours per week each. This is...a challenge. Additionally, there are many acronyms being tossed around in the office, and I don't yet know what any of them mean--one acronym I should mention here, though: TPS report. No, really. I've had to fill out numerous TPS reports to request access to various IT utilities. Next thing: I bet I get a PC Load Letter error on the fax machine in the corner...

Winter still holds Bostonland in its unsubtle hands, but there are signs that things are beginning to ease up. In between arctic fronts that have settled on New England in the past two or three weeks, there have been sunny days with temps over 40. Today is one of those days, and I went out on a limb and wore my light jacket.

I'm dogsitting in Southie this weekend, bizarrely enuff. Yes, I'm not a dog fan. But I am a "pretending to be on vacation" fan and a "paid to simply hang out at your house and let the dog out in your yard from time to time" fan. I brought my bike down, and I think I'll take a little ride in a few, explore the environs, try to buy some lunch somewhere.

Gosh, I sure did feel like I had a lot to say. Let this be a lesson: one doesn't actually have that much to talk about, usually.

+ + +

I've been thinking a lot lately about my feminism. More to come on this, I'm sure, later. Everywhere I've looked, it seems, there have been things that inspire thoughtfulness.

+ + +

I've been thinking a lot also about what it means to be living in the diaspora--in my case from Chicago and from my friends. Less on this later.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack Slowriver said...

It's great to hear what's going on with you. I've always been a fan of your wit and sarcasm. You rule. And congratulations on your new job.

p.s. the plants you left with me are still alive and well. looking great in fact.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this blog..I enjoyed reading your adventures!

Rocket Spanish

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home